Krampouz Luxury Electric Crepe Cooker 40cm 15Amps
For Heavy Duty Use 6-8 hours straight.
- Round stainless steel frame : Original design easy to clean. The griddle is surrounded with a stainless steel sheet which protects the appliance against infiltration of fat or water.
- Regulated thermostat from 50 to 300 C with relay
- Three heating elements 1 200 W (3 600 W total 15amps)
- Types of current : single phase 240 V
- Thick cast iron griddle diam. 40 cm.
Size 40 x 40 x 17cm
Uniform temperature over the whole surface:
The integration of the elements (made by us) into the griddle distributes the heat to the heart of the casting: an exclusive Krampouz process.
Constant temperature throughout use:
The control setting system incorporated into the casting guarantees exactly the same cooking for all the crepes.
The specific design of the griddles avoids heat loss and contributes to consistency of heating.
Cleaning the machined cast-iron plate
After a while, a crust forms on the plate which may give the impression that the metal is flaking off. In fact it is just the crust of the crepe batter. Remove it with a metal spatula and rough sand paper. Do not worry about scratching the metal. Do not use a portable electrical device.
Once you have cleaned the plate, you will need to season it again as if it were new. (See “seasoning”) It is best to scrape off some of the crust from time to time to avoid the crust from becoming too thick. Use the special abrasive stone in a circular movement.
Once you have scraped the crust it is best to season the plate with one or two coats of oil and heat to 270°C (see “seasoning”) After many years of use the crust may not be easily removed and the plate may require professional sandblasting (pressurized cleaning). Once the plate has been sandblasted, you will need to season it again as if it were new.
Seasoning (for machined cast iron plates only) :
This operation takes between 60 and 90 minutes. It is necessary for new machined plates. The operation stops crepes from sticking to the plate and avoids bubbles forming in the batter on contact with the plate.
For successful seasoning:
- Plug in the machine in an appropriate socket.
- Switch on the machine and heat the plate to 270°C.
The machine is ready when the red light goes out. Keep the machine at this temperature for the duration of the seasoning operation.
- Pour a tablespoonful of oil in the center of the plate.
Spread the oil evenly over the plate using a rolled up cotton cloth (synthetic materials are not appropriate) then leave the fat to cook for 5 to 10 minutes so that the plate is brown and completely dry.
- Repeat step number 3 eight times, reducing the amount of oil each time and leaving it to cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
Use pure oil with no added ingredients.
When the seasoning is done properly the coating becomes a shiny dark chestnut brown.