Batter spreader kits
The batter spreader is a patented system for making perfectly even, round crepes and galettes. Just turn the spreader to smooth batter over the cooking surface.
The kit comprises:
- 1 x patented stainless steel spreader
- 1 x stainless steel measured ladle
- 1 x beech wood spreader
- 1 x beech wood spatula
- 1 x water container and brush to clean spreader
- 1 x set of instructions for use
1. Make sure your crepe maker is plugged in and the thermostat set to the correct temperature. Wait until the light goes out (the thermostat regulates the heat all the while the machine is switched on) then lightly grease the plate and the spout with a cotton cloth dipped in oil. Check that the spreader is clean and leave it to soak in the water tray.
2. With one hand, fill the ladle to the top. With the other hand, hold the Easy Crepe spreader towards you in the spout.
3. Pour all of the batter into the spreader in one go. Don’t worry about it being even. Turn the spreader clockwise. The first turn must be made within 2/3 seconds. Continue turning gently until all the batter has been spread evenly and then replace the spreader in the water tray. You can also spread the remaining batter with a wooden rake.
4. Leave the crepe to cook for 10-15 seconds and then turn it over. Slide the spatula under the edge of the crepe, twist your wrist slightly, lift the crepe swiftly and place it back down on the other side.
If the crepes are to be eaten cold, cook the second side lightly.
For filled crepes, see the advice in the recipe book.
Wipe the plate and the spout with a cloth; clean the spreader with the brush and put it back in the water.